RoboForm works well in Windows 10 and supports the same set of browsers as in Windows 7/8.1. Windows 10 has a new Edge browser which was designed to eventually replace Internet Explorer (IE). However, IE does ship with Windows 10; it is just not the default browser.
We have a standalone extension of RoboForm for Microsoft Edge, however due to restrictions by Microsoft, we cannot yet provide the full functionality available on IE, Firefox, or Chrome. To install our Edge extension, go here.
How to make Internet Explorer the default browser in Windows 10:
- Right-click the Start button, select Control Panel.
- Click "Default Programs" there. A window appears.
- Click "Set your default programs" link there. Find "Internet Explorer" in the left-pane list and click "Set this program as default" link.
How to open individual pages with IE but still keep Edge as the default browser:
- First, ensure you have the latest RoboForm downloaded and installed from www.roboform.com/download.
- Open your Edge browser; its icon looks similar to the previous icon of IE except it no longer has the yellow halo:
- In the “Search or enter web address”, enter the website or search query you wish to proceed with (such as www.google.com).
- Once the website appears on your screen, select the three dotted icon in the upper right hand corner of Edge: Select “Open in Internet Explorer”.
- This will open the legacy supported version of IE where RoboForm will continue to work properly.
- Right-click the IE icon that has just appeared in the Taskbar and select the command to Pin it to the Taskbar. Thus you will have a quick access to IE from Taskbar.