There are several reasons why RoboForm may not be able to attach to your browser. This simple troubleshooter will help you to determine the cause of the problem and will provide you with the directions for fixing it.
- You are using a browser in which RoboForm does not work.
RoboForm works in all modern browsers: Internet Explorer, browsers based on IE that support IE add-ons, Firefox, Chrome, many Chromium-based browsers, Opera, and Microsoft Edge.
If your browser is not in this list, contact us and we will add it, if it is possible.
- You did not install RoboForm in this Windows account. RoboForm must be installed in each Windows account that wants to use it. Install RoboForm in the Windows account where you want to use it or for All Users.
- Your Limited Windows account is not allowed to install software. Change your account type to a Power user or Administrator, these users are allowed to install software. You will have to login to Administrator and change your account privileges.
- You are using an IE-based browser that is not the IE itself (AOL, MSN) and RoboForm Taskbar icon is not running in the Windows Taskbar, at the lower right corner near the clock. Make sure that RoboForm Taskbar Icon is running in the Taskbar. You can start it by selecting "Start -> Programs -> RoboForm -> Taskbar Icon". Note that AOL 9.7 does not support add-ons, so RoboForm cannot work in it.
- You may be using an old or buggy version of RoboForm. Check your current RoboForm version in "Help -> About" dialog. The first thing to do is to upgrade to the latest official version available for download at our download page.