In RoboForm 8, and continuing in RoboForm 9, we introduced a new format for user data storage. The user data is now packed into one file, encrypted and compressed. This format provides several benefits:
- Improved privacy: RoboForm data files are not visible nor accessible within or outside of RoboForm until the Master Password has been entered.
- Better security: one large file is cryptographically stronger than several small files.
- Faster synchronization: one file (compressed) transfers faster than several small files.
Roboform 8 and 9 store their data in:
C:\Users\<Windows user account name>\AppData\local\RoboForm\Profiles\Default Profile on your computer.
NOTE: You can modify where RoboForm stores its data by following these steps:
1) Click the [ ^ ] button (show hidden icons) in the lower right corner of your screen.
2) Click the RoboForm icon.
3) Select "Options" from the menu.
3) Select "Account & Data" from the column on the left.
4) Click "Advanced" at the bottom of the window.
5) Click "Select Data Folder" from the listed options.