In RoboForm 8 we introduced a new format for user data storage. The user data is now packed into one file, encrypted and compressed. This format provides several benefits:
- Improved privacy: RoboForm data files are not visible nor accessible within or outside of RoboForm until the Master Password has been entered.
- Better security: one large file is cryptographically stronger than several small files.
- Faster synchronization: one file (compressed) transfers faster than several small files.
Roboform 8 stores its data in:
C:\Users\<Windows user account name>\AppData\local\RoboForm\Profiles\Default Profile on your computer.
NOTE: You can modify where RoboForm stores its data by following these steps:
1) Select the RoboForm Icon from the Taskbar (Windows) or the Menu Bar (Mac)
2) Select "Options" (Windows) or "Preferences" (Mac)
3) Select "Account & Data"
4) Click "Advanced"
5) Click "Select Data Folder"