Importing your data from Dashlane requires two steps: Exporting a CSV from Dashlane, and then importing that CSV into RoboForm.
When importing from Dashlane, first be sure that you have the most recent version of RoboForm downloaded and installed. This can be done at www.roboform.com/download
1) Open your browser and click the Dashlane browser extension.
2) Click the “Open the web app” button in the lower left of the extension’s menu.
3) Click “My Account” in the lower left corner and select "Export Data" from the menu that appears.
4) Enter your Master Password and then click the "Unlock" button to access the export menu. Then, click the "Export to CSV” option under the "Dashlane to others" heading.
4) A .zip file containing your Dashlane data will download to your designated downloads folder. Unzip the folder and you will see five different CSV files. The CSV which contains your login credentials is the one labeled “credentials.csv”.
1) Click the [ ^ ] (show hidden icons) button in the bottom right corner of your screen, then click the RoboForm icon.
2) Select "Tools" from the menu.
3) Click the "Import" option.
4) From "Import" dialog choose "Dashlane" from the column on the left.
5) At the bottom of this screen, you can click the "Folder" icon to choose the RoboForm folder where the data will be imported to. By default, the data will be imported into the "Home" folder.
6) Once the location has been set, select the blue "Import from File" button in the lower right corner.
7) Select the .csv file that you previously exported from Dashlane. Then, click the "Open" button.
8) When the import has been successfully completed, the following screen will display. If the confirmation screen does not appear, the file you tried to import is formatted incorrectly.
WARNING: It is strongly recommended that you delete the CSV file after this process because it contains unprotected data. Do not send it to anyone, upload it to the Internet, or even leave it in local storage on your computer.