1) When importing from LastPass, first be sure that you have the most recent version of RoboForm downloaded and installed. This can be done at www.roboform.com/download.
2) Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your username and Master Password.
3) In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
4) Select More Options in the left navigation.
5) Go to Advanced > Export > LastPass CSV File.
If prompted, enter your Master Password and click Continue.
(Note: In order to export from LastPass the Binary component they offer is necessary to receive the export option. It can be installed from the LastPass website through the LastPass universal installer.)
6) Enter a File name for your your export, then click Save to save the CSV export file.
7) There are several ways to open the Import dialog. Choose one of the following.
a) Browser extension icon (Tools >> Import)
b) Editor (RoboForm menu >> Import)
c) Taskbar icon (Tools >> Import)
d) Options (Account & Data >> Import)
8) From "Import" dialog choose "LastPass" on the left.
9) On the right, choose a subdirectory where imported data will be located in RoboForm. The Home directory is selected by default. To change it, click on the folder icon below (import into folder) >> select "Import from File."
10) After selecting "Import from File" button >> select the .csv file that you previously downloaded >> click "Open."
11) When the import has been successfully completed, the following screen will display. If the confirmation screen does not appear, the file you tried to import has formatted incorrectly.
WARNING: It is strongly recommended, that you delete the CSV files exported from the different password managers because it contains unprotected data. Do not send it to anyone, upload to the Internet, or even leave it in a local storage.