Importing your data from 1Password requires two steps: Exporting a CSV from 1Password, and then importing that CSV into RoboForm.
When importing from 1Password, first be sure that you have the most recent version of RoboForm downloaded and installed. This can be done at www.roboform.com/download
Exporting a CSV file from 1Password:
1) Open 1Password and log in.
2) While logged into your 1Password account, click the "File" dropdown menu in the upper left corner of your Menu Bar. Select "Export" and then click the "All Items..." option.
3) You will be prompted to confirm that you would like to export by entering your Master Password. Enter it and click the blue "Continue" button.
4) The "Save As" menu will pop up. Name the file, choose its location, and ensure that you select "Comma Delimited Text (.csv)" from the "File Format" dropdown menu.
Under "Fields to Export" you will need to check the box labeled "Include Common Labels" otherwise importing to RoboForm will fail.
Take careful note of the location you are saving the file in. You will need to find it during the import into RoboForm.
When you have ensured that your export settings are correct, click the blue "Save" button.
Importing your 1Password data into RoboForm:
1) Click the RoboForm icon in the upper right corner of the screen in the Menu Bar.
2) Select "Preferences" from the menu.
3) Select "Account & Data" from the column on the left, and then click the "Import from..." button under the "Import and Export" section.
4) From "Import" dialog choose "1Password" from the column on the left.
5) At the bottom of this screen, you can click the "Folder" icon to choose the RoboForm folder where the data will be imported to. By default, the data will be imported into the "Home" folder.
6) Once the location has been set, select the blue "Import from File" button in the lower right corner.
7) Select the .csv file that you previously exported from 1Password. Then, click the "Choose file for import" button.
8) When the import has been successfully completed, the following screen will display. If the confirmation screen does not appear, the file you tried to import is formatted incorrectly.
WARNING: It is strongly recommended that you delete the CSV file after this process because it contains unprotected data. Do not send it to anyone, upload it to the Internet, or even leave it in local storage on your computer.