Prior to upgrading you will need to know your Master Password. If you do not know your Master Password, but you have it saved in system protected storage, it can be located by following these steps:
1) Click the RoboForm icon in the top right of your screen on the Menu Bar.
2) Select "Editor" from the menu.
3) In the upper left corner of the Menu Bar, click the "RoboForm" menu.
4) Select "Change Master Password..." from the menu.
If you do not know your Master Password and your data is unprotected, you will have the option to create a new Master Password. Any data that is not unprotected will be deleted in the process. Only unprotected data will remain.
1) Download RoboForm version 9 from here.
2) Proceed with the installation process by double-clicking the RoboForm icon.
3) You will be prompted to confirm the application. Click "Open."
4) To complete the installation, any open applications must be closed. Click "Install" to proceed.
5) Click "Trust" to verify that you'd like to install the RoboForm extension.
6) The following setup warning message will appear. Click "Next" to proceed.
7) Enter your Master Password >> click "Next."
NOTE: If you do not remember your Master Password, check the "I forgot my Master Password" box. Then, click "Next" and proceed with creating a new Master Password. Remember, any previously protected RoboForm data will be deleted in the process.
1) Upgrading a desktop license (no existing account)
a) RoboForm will recognize that you do not currently have an account and will prompt you to create one as part of the upgrade process.
NOTE: Account creation does not require you to sync your RoboForm data. Should you wish to keep your data local, check the "Do not sync my RoboForm data" box. Otherwise, should you wish to have the syncing functionality of RoboForm Everywhere, ensure the box is unchecked. Click "Next."
b) Click the "Create New Account" button.
c) Enter the email address you'd like to associate with your RoboForm Account >> click "Next."
d) RoboForm will verify that your version 9 account has been successfully created.
2) Upgrading an existing Everywhere account
a) The Welcome to RoboForm message will appear, displaying the RoboForm account that you are about to upgrade. Click "Next."
b) Log in with your existing account credentials >> click "Next."
c) RoboForm will prompt you to enter the password that is associated with one of your password protected logins. See the example below. Enter the password >> click "Next."
NOTE: Account verification is required. This verification process is necessary to convert your account from V7 to V9. If you do not remember your password, you will be prompted to create a new account.
d) Enter a valid email address that you will use to access your RoboForm account once upgraded >> click "Next."
NOTE: Your RoboForm V9 login credentials will be this email address and your Master Password.
e) RoboForm will confirm that your V9 account was successfully created. Click "Next."
f) V9 setup is now complete. Please note that your RoboForm data has been converted to the new One File format.