- Importing from Microsoft Edge Through the RoboForm Browser Extension
- Importing from Microsoft Edge Using a CSV File
- Importing from Microsoft Edge Through RoboForm Desktop (Windows)
- Importing from Microsoft Edge Through RoboForm Desktop (Mac)
1) Go to the RoboForm Start Page.
2) In the top right of the Start Page, click your account's email.
3) From the menu which will appear, select the "Import" option.
4) Select Microsoft Edge from the listed options for import and follow the instructions which will appear in order to export your Microsoft Edge data.
5) Once you have finished exporting your data from Microsoft Edge, click the blue "Import" button and select the file which contains your Microsoft Edge data.
6) RoboForm will present you with a message confirming that the import was successful.
If you are having trouble importing using the first method, you can also try importing from a CSV.
To export a CSV from Edge, follow these steps:
1) Open Edge and click the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
2) Select "Settings" from the menu.
3) Select “Profiles” from the column on the left and then click the “Passwords” option.
4) To the right of "Saved Passwords" click the 3 dots.
5) Click the "Export passwords" option.
6) A window will appear prompting you to confirm the export, click the blue "Export passwords" button. You may need to input your password to initiate the export afterwards.
7) The "Save As" dialogue will appear. Name the CSV file and choose its location. Keep careful note of where you save the file, as you will need to access it in order to import your data.
Once you have finished exporting the CSV from Edge, click this link to view a tutorial on how to import your passwords from your exported CSV file.
WARNING: It is strongly recommended that you delete the CSV file after this process because it contains unprotected data. Do not send it to anyone, upload it to the Internet, or even leave it in local storage on your computer.