- Importing from Firefox Through the RoboForm Browser Extension
- Importing from Firefox Using a CSV File
- Importing from Firefox Through RoboForm Desktop (Windows)
- Importing from Firefox Through RoboForm Desktop (Mac)
1) Go to the RoboForm Start Page.
2) In the top right of the Start Page, click your account's email.
3) From the menu which will appear, select the "Import" option.
4) Select Opera from the listed options for import and follow the instructions which will appear in order to export your Opera data.
5) Once you have finished exporting your data from Opera, click the blue "Import" button and select the file which contains your Opera data.
6) RoboForm will present you with a message confirming that the import was successful.
If you are having trouble importing using the first method, you can also try importing from a CSV.
To export a CSV from Firefox, follow these steps:
1) Open Firefox and click the 3 horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
2) Select "Passwords" from the menu.
3) At the top right corner of the Logins and Passwords page, click the 3 dots.
4) Select "Export Logins..." from the menu.
5) You will receive a message prompting you to confirm that you would like to export. Click the red "Export..." button.
6) The "Save As" dialogue will appear. Name the CSV file and choose its location. Keep careful note of where you save the file, as you will need to access it in order to import your data.
Once you have finished exporting the CSV from Firefox, click this link to view a tutorial on how to import your passwords from your exported CSV file.
WARNING: It is strongly recommended that you delete the CSV file after this process because it contains unprotected data. Do not send it to anyone, upload it to the Internet, or even leave it in local storage on your computer.
1) Click the [ ^ ] (show hidden icons) button in the lower right corner of your screen, and then click the RoboForm icon.
2) Select "Tools" from the menu.
3) Click the "Import" option.
4) You will be brought to a window offering a list of different sources to import data from. Select "Browsers" from the column on the left, and you should see a list of browsers available to import from.
5) If you’d like your imported data to be sorted into a specific RoboForm folder, check the box to the left of “Sort imported data to RoboFom sub-folders” and then select the folder to which you’d like to import your browser data, or create a new one using the “New Folder” button.
6) Click the blue “Import” button next to the browser you wish to import from. If RoboForm needs to close any windows to complete the import process, it will present you with a screen offering to do so for you. Click "Yes" on this window, if it appears.
7) After the process has been completed, you will be presented with a screen confirming that import was successful. Click the blue "Done" button.
1) Click the RoboForm icon at the top right of your screen in the Menu Bar, and then click "Preferences" from the menu which will appear.
2) Select "Account & Data" from the column on the left.
3) Click the "Import from..." button under the "Import and Export" section.
4) If you’d like your imported data to be sorted into a specific RoboForm folder, check the box to the left of “Sort imported data to RoboFom sub-folders" and then either select the folder to which you’d like to import your Firefox data or create a new one using the "New Folder" button.
5) Click the blue "Import" button to the right of the Mozilla Firefox icon.
6) A window will display confirming that the import has been successful.