- In order to grant Emergency Access, an Emergency Contact must be selected. To do this, click Emergency Access in the RoboForm menu.
- Enter the email and desired timeout period for your Emergency Contact.
Timeout periods to chose from are:
- If the provided email address has a registered RoboForm account (free or Everywhere), they will receive notification of the pending invitation.
If the email address provided does not have registered RoboForm account, invited Emergency contact will receive an email with instructions on how to create free RoboForm account and then view and accept or decline the Emergency Contact invitation.
Until the Emergency Contact accepts, they will be listed with an "Invited" status.
- The invited Emergency Contact will be notified of the pending invitation via email and in RoboForm interface, where they will choose to accept or decline the invitation.
- The Emergency Access grantor will be notified if the invited Emergency contact accepted or declined the invitation.
- Emergency contacts that accepted the invitation, now have the option to request access to the grantor's RoboForm account data.
Once the Emergency Contact sends the access request, the Emergency access sender is notified via email and in RoboForm interface and the timer starts counting the preset timeout period.
- As soon as the Emergency Contact requests access, the Emergency Access grantor is notified via email and in RoboForm's interface. They now have the option within the present period to manually grant, revoke, or not respond to the pending request.
- If the request is manually granted or no reply is provided within the preset timeout period, the Emergency Contact will receive access to the grantor's entire RoboForm account data. The request for access can also be rejected by the Emergency access sender within the same preset timeout period. In case of rejection, the Emergency Contact will be notified, and no data will be shared.
- The Emergency Access grantor's account data will open in view only mode with an option for the Emergency Contact to also download specific items or the entire Emergency access sender's RoboForm account data. The downloaded data will show up in Emergency Contact's RoboForm account under a folder named after the grantor's email.