1) In order to grant Emergency Access, an Emergency Contact must be selected. To do this, click
"Emergency Access" in the RoboForm menu.
2) Enter the email and desired timeout period for your Emergency Contact.
Timeout periods to chose from are:
3a) If the provided email address has a registered RoboForm account (Free or Everywhere), they will receive notification of the pending invitation.
3b) If the provided email address does not have registered RoboForm account, the invited Emergency contact will receive an email with instructions on how to create a free RoboForm account and then view and accept or decline the Emergency Contact invitation.
Until the Emergency Contact accepts, they will be listed with an "Invited" status.
4) The invited Emergency Contact will be notified of the pending invitation via email and within the RoboForm interface, where they will choose to accept or decline the invitation.
5) The Emergency Access grantor will be notified when the invited Emergency Contact accepts or declines the invitation. The grantor will need to login in and or sync the account after the invitation has been accepted.
6) Upon accepting the invitation, Emergency Contacts have the option to request access to the grantor's RoboForm account data.
7) Once the Emergency Contact sends the access request, they will receive confirmation of the sent request via email and within RoboForm's interface; the timer starts counting the preset timeout period.
8) As soon as the Emergency Contact requests access, the Emergency Access grantor is notified via email and within RoboForm's interface. They now have the option (within the preset timeout period) to manually grant, revoke, or not respond to the pending request.
9) If the request is manually granted or no reply is provided within the preset timeout period, the Emergency Contact will receive access to all of the grantor's RoboForm account data. The request for access can also be rejected by the Emergency Access sender within the same preset timeout period. In case of rejection, the Emergency Contact will be notified, and no data will be shared.
10) The Emergency Access grantor's account data will open in view only mode with an option for the Emergency Contact to also download specific items or the entire Emergency Access sender's RoboForm account data. The downloaded data will show up in Emergency Contact's RoboForm account under a folder named after the grantor's email.