NOTE: We recommend using RoboForm's services through the RoboForm Extension. This article details how to download and install the RoboForm Desktop Application, but in order to take full advantage of RoboForm's features you will need to install the RoboForm Extension as well. Click here to view our tutorial on installing the RoboForm Extension into your browser.
1) Go to the RoboForm Download page here: https://www.roboform.com/download. Below your recommended download, click Show more Windows options.
2) Click the green “Install” button to the right of the option for “RoboForm for Windows” and the latest version of the RoboForm desktop application will be downloaded onto your computer.
3) Once the Setup file is downloaded, a link to it displays in the download bar at the bottom of your browser window. Click it to begin the setup process.
4) You will be prompted to install the RoboForm browser extension. For help with installing the RoboForm browser extension, click here.
5) The RoboForm Taskbar icon will appear in your taskbar. Click it and select "Setup" from the menu.
NOTE: If the RoboForm Taskbar icon is not visible, click the Show Hidden icons button [ ^ ]
6) You will be prompted to either create a new RoboForm account or to log in to an existing one. Click the appropriate option.
7) If you are creating a new RoboForm account, enter your email address and a secure Master Password. Click Next. The Master Password will secure your Logins, Identities and Safenotes. If you are logging into an existing account, simply enter the email address and Master Password associated with that account.
NOTE: If you forget your Master Password, you may be able to reset it through the RoboForm mobile app without losing your data.
8) If you are setting up a new RoboForm account, you will be presented with a window confirming that your account was successfully created. Click “Next” on this window.
9) RoboForm will complete the installation. A window will display confirming that setup is complete, click “OK”.
10) Now that you have completed the installation, click the RoboForm icon in your Taskbar and select “Editor” to use the RoboForm Desktop Application.