NOTE: We recommend using RoboForm's services through the RoboForm Extension. This article details how to download and install the RoboForm Desktop Application, but in order to take full advantage of RoboForm's features you will need to install the RoboForm Extension as well. Click here to view our tutorial on installing the RoboForm Extension into your browser.
1) Go to the RoboForm Download page here: https://www.roboform.com/download. Below your recommended download, click Show more Mac options.
2) Click the green “Install” button to the right of the option for “RoboForm for Mac” and the latest version of the RoboForm desktop application will be downloaded onto your computer.
3) Once the Setup file is downloaded, a link to it displays in the download bar at the bottom of your browser window. Click it to begin the setup process.
4) The installer window will appear. Double-click the RoboForm icon to install.
5) Apple will request permission to open the application. Click "Open."
6) You will be prompted to install the RoboForm browser extension. For help with installing the RoboForm browser extension, click here.
7) A window will appear prompting you to either create your RoboForm account or to log in to an existing account. If you already have an account, choose the "Log In" option, enter your log in credentials, and skip to step 10. If you do not have an account yet, choose the "Create New Account" option and steps 7, 8, and 9 will walk you through the account creation process.
8) After selecting "Create New Account," you will be on the "Create Account" window. Enter the email address you would like to use with your account, and a secure Master Password that you will be able to remember.
NOTE: If you forget your Master Password, you may be able to reset it through the RoboForm mobile app without losing your data.
9) Your RoboForm account has been successfully created. Click "Next" and your installation will be complete.
10) Now that you have completed the installation, click the RoboForm icon in your Menu Bar and select “Editor” to use the RoboForm Desktop Application.