Add an additional layer of security for your RoboForm account by enabling a One Time Password (OTP). By enabling this feature, you specify which computers and devices can access your account.
NOTE: Instructions on enabling Two Factor Authentication (2FA) via Google Authenticator and other TOTP based authentication apps can be found here.
To enable the OTP feature via email or SMS, follow the steps below:
NOTE: RoboForm does not work with Yubikey.
1) Log into your RoboForm Online Account here: https://online.roboform.com/login
2) Click the "My Settings" tab.
3) Select "Security" from the dropdown menu.
4) In the section "One Time Password Option" under "Send the One Time Password via:" select either the "Email" or the "Phone (SMS)" options
*For SMS continue to 5b*
5a) When selecting Email, you’ll be prompted to verify your email address. Click the hyperlink and a OTP verification code will be sent to your email. Check your email inbox for the OTP verification code and then enter the code into the corresponding box and click the "Submit" button.
5b) When selecting Phone (SMS), enter your mobile phone number (in the format shown) and click “Submit” to confirm it. An OTP verification code will be sent to your phone via SMS. Copy the OTP code from the SMS into the corresponding box on your RoboForm Online page. Then, click the “Submit” button.
6) Your computer, mobile phone, or both have been verified and OTP has been enabled. From now on when signing into your RoboForm account from a new device, you will be prompted to verify the device by entering an OTP.