Effective December 16, 2019, the following functionalities will cease to operate:
- RoboForm will no longer allow syncing from accounts with data from version 7 or prior. These are also known as multifile accounts.
- The RoboForm Start Page will not work with Chrome, Firefox, and Edge if RoboForm version 7 or prior is installed.
- RoboForm Browser Addons / Extensions will no longer support v7 data used within Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
After that date, RoboForm will only sync from accounts with version 8 and up. These are also known as OneFile accounts.
This change primarily affects users who are still running v7 in Everywhere and Desktop mode.
Upgrading is free for all existing RoboForm Everywhere subscribers.
V7 to V9 data conversion is free for all RoboForm Users.
RoboForm free, previously known as Desktop 7, can be used for free without synchronization.
To ensure uninterrupted service, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to v9 on all your active devices before Dec. 16.
I am using v7 in Desktop mode (Windows/Mac only). Will this affect me?
Yes. If you are using v7 in Desktop mode you will need to upgrade to RoboForm free.
I am using RoboForm v7 in Everywhere mode. Will I be able to access my locally saved data after December 16?
Yes, on Windows and Mac only. However, multifile data will no longer sync with our server. iOS and Android users with multifile data will no longer be able to access the apps starting on December 16.
How do I download a copy of my data from your server before December 16?
- If you are on Windows: Go to Options > 'User Data' > 'Sync RoboForm'. Once data is synced, go to 'Backup' and save a copy to a destination folder of your choosing.
- If you are on Mac: From the RoboForm icon > 'Sync'. Once data is synced, locate your data in the Documents/Logins and save a copy to a destination folder of your choosing.
How do I know if my account is multifile?
Before December 16, log in to RoboForm Online at https://online.roboform.com/login. Click the 'Emergency Access' tab (a v9 feature). If you have a multifile account, you will see a notification prompting you to upgrade to v9.
After December 16, your RoboForm Online multifile account will no longer be operational.
How can I be 100% sure that all of my devices have been upgraded to OneFile before December 16?
There are some scenarios where you may have upgraded your account to v9/OneFile (see above), but you still have multifile data being synced.
- If you are on Windows or Mac: Make sure you download and run the latest version of RoboForm at https://www.roboform.com/download
- If you are on iOS: Check the upgrade instructions. If you see a notice that you have old format data, make sure to upgrade. If you don't see the notice, then you are good to go.
- If you are on Android: Check the upgrade instructions. If you see a notice that you have old format data, make sure to upgrade. If you don't see the notice, then you are good to go.
- If you are using the Chrome or Firefox Standalone extensions: Make sure to run the current versions of the extensions found on on our download page: https://www.roboform.com/download Remove any previous 'RoboForm Lite' extensions from your browser.
- If you are using the Opera extension: Make sure to run the current version of the Chrome extension found on on our download page: https://www.roboform.com/download. Remove any previous 'RoboForm Lite' extensions from your browser.
Will I be able to upgrade after December 16?
The ability to upgrade after December 16 will be restricted to local data only on Windows and Mac. You will have to install the latest version of RoboForm and create a new RoboForm Account.
In order to create a new RoboForm account with the same email address as that which was used for your old RoboForm v7/multifile account, you will need to first delete the v7/multifile account. See here for instructions on account deletion. NOTE: confirm your account is multifile first before deleting (see above).
From there, you would need to import from a local copy of your v7 data.
- If you are on Windows: Go to 'Options' > 'Account & Data' > 'Advanced' > 'Import V7 data'
- If you are on Mac: See our v7 import instructions.