- I am using v7 in Desktop mode (Windows/Mac only). Will this affect me?
- I am using RoboForm v7 in Everywhere mode. Will I be able to access my locally saved data after January 1st?
- How do I download a copy of my data from your server before January 1st?
- How do I know if my account is multifile?
- Will I be able to upgrade after January 1st?
**On January 1st, 2022, we will discontinue all support for RF7 accounts. After this date, if you attempt to log in using your RF7 account, you will receive a message that the account needs to be upgraded to RF9 before it can be used again.**
Effective January 1st, 2022, the following functionalities will cease to operate:
- RoboForm will no longer allow syncing from accounts with data from version 7 or prior. These are also known as multifile accounts.
- The RoboForm Start Page will not work with Chrome, Firefox, and Edge if RoboForm version 7 or prior is installed.
- RoboForm Browser Addons / Extensions will no longer support v7 data used within Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
After that date, RoboForm will only sync from accounts with version 9 and up. These are also known as OneFile accounts.
NOTE: This change primarily affects users who are still running v7 in Everywhere and Desktop mode.
Upgrading is free for all existing RoboForm Everywhere subscribers.
V7 to V9 data conversion is free for all RoboForm Users.
RoboForm free, previously known as Desktop 7, can be used for free without synchronization.
NOTE: To ensure uninterrupted service, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to v9 on all your active devices before January 1st.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I am using v7 in Desktop mode (Windows/Mac only). Will this affect me?
Yes. If you are using v7 in Desktop mode you will need to upgrade to RoboForm free.
I am using RoboForm v7 in Everywhere mode. Will I be able to access my locally saved data after January 1st?
Yes, on Windows and Mac only. However, multifile data will no longer sync with our server. iOS and Android users with multifile data will no longer be able to access the apps starting on December 16.
How do I download a copy of my data from your server before January 1st?
- If you are on Windows: Go to Options > 'User Data' > 'Sync RoboForm'. Once data is synced, go to 'Backup' and save a copy to a destination folder of your choosing.
- If you are on Mac: From the RoboForm icon > 'Sync'. Once data is synced, locate your data in the Documents/Logins and save a copy to a destination folder of your choosing.
How do I know if my account is multifile?
Before January 1st, log in to RoboForm Online at https://online.roboform.com/login. Click the 'Emergency Access' tab (a v9 feature). If you have a multifile account, you will see a notification prompting you to upgrade to v9.
After January 1st, your RoboForm Online multifile account will no longer be operational.
Will I be able to upgrade after January 1st?
The ability to upgrade after January 1st will be restricted to local data only on Windows and Mac. You will have to install the latest version of RoboForm and create a new RoboForm Account.
In order to create a new RoboForm account with the same email address as that which was used for your old RoboForm v7/multifile account, you will need to first delete the v7/multifile account. See here for instructions on account deletion. NOTE: confirm your account is multifile first before deleting (see above).
From there, you would need to import from a local copy of your v7 data.
- If you are on Windows: Go to 'Options' > 'Account & Data' > 'Advanced' > 'Import V7 data'
- If you are on Mac: See our v7 import instructions.
Article is closed for comments.