- Option 1: Automatically After Log In or Account Creation
- Option 2: Manually Through the Start Page
- Option 3: Importing Your Passwords from a Different Password Manager
There are three ways to add passwords to RoboForm: automatically as you log in, manually through the Start Page, or by importing.
1) After ensuring that you have installed the RoboForm Browser Extension into your supported browser of choice, and have logged in, navigate to the site you would like to save your login information for. For this example, we will use Walmart.com.
Enter your login information, and click the “Sign In” button. Or, if you are creating a new account, enter your new account information and click the “Create Account” button.
2) After creating or entering your account credentials, a window will appear prompting you to save your login credentials into RoboForm. While on this window, you also have the ability to edit the name of your login, place that login into an existing folder, or create a new folder for the login.
After adjusting the name and folder placement to your specifications, click the “Save” button on the RoboForm prompt. RoboForm will confirm that your credentials have been saved.
1) Go to the RoboForm Start Page.
To begin creating a Login manually click the blue [ + ] button in the lower right hand corner.
2) This will bring you to the “Add New Login” window where you can view and select from RoboForm’s Login list. Use the search bar at the top of the window to search for the web page you would like to create a new Login for.
Or, if the webpage you would like to create a Login for is not listed, click the “Create your own” button.
3) If the website was selected from the list of RoboForm Logins, enter the name for the Login, the email, and the password. Then, choose a folder to store it in, select whether you would like for it to be added to your Pinned list, and add any notes you wish to include with the Login.
Once you are finished, click the “Save” button.
If you used the “Create your own” button, you will additionally need to enter the URL of the sign-in page for the website. Enter the name for the Login, the URL of the sign-in page, the email, and the password. Then, choose a folder to store it in, select whether you would like for it to be added to your Pinned list, and add any notes you wish to include with the Login.
After successfully entering the information, click the “Save” button.
RoboForm for Windows and Mac offers the ability to import passwords from all major browsers, other password managers, or a CSV. Instructions can be found here.