Through the user panel located in the RoboForm for Business administrator interface, users can be both added to a company and managed.
New users can be added to a company by clicking the "Create user" button. This will create a prompt to either:
- Create a new RoboForm account for the user using their email address
- Join an existing RoboForm account to the company by entering the email address tied to that RoboForm account
- Setup our Active Directory Connector to sync your Active Directory with your RoboForm for Business company.
- Upload a CSV file containing a list of users you would like to be added to the company.
NOTE: If a user is added to the company and there is not a license to assign to them then a prompt will appear to purchase additional licenses.
Create New User
Enter the user’s full name and email address. Instructions will be sent to the user including a temporary password so they can Log In to their account and finish setting it up.
These instructions can be resent at any time by clicking the name of the user
and under "More settings," selecting "Resend Instructions."
Create New Users by Importing
Browse for a CSV file that contains a list of users that need to be added or joined to the company.
The CSV file can be delimited by a comma, semicolon, or tab. Each line needs to be started with a command. Create will create a new RoboForm account using the provided information and Join will join an existing RoboForm account to the company using the information provided. The initial command will be followed by the user’s name, email address, and optionally any groups you would like to add them to. To add them to multiple groups put a | between each group name.
This will create an account for John Smith with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
This will add the RoboForm account tied to the email email@example.com to your company and place it in the groups named Group1 and Group2.
Create New Users with Active Directory
Download and install the Active Directory Connector in your environment and choose groups of users to sync to your RoboForm for Business company.Each user will have an account created for them and be sent an email with a temporary password and instructions on completing their setup. For more information about setting up the Active Directory Connector, click here.
Create New Users by Joining
Enter the email address of the user’s preexisting RoboForm Everywhere account. The user will be sent an email informing them that they have been invited to join the company and next time they Log In to RoboForm they will be able to accept your invitation.
Next to the name of each user is a symbol indicating their status.
Indicates that the user account was created by the company admin, instructions were sent to the user's email, but the user has not yet completed the account setup steps.
Indicates that the user has completed all steps for account creation and is now fully added to your company as an active user.
Indicates that a user with a preexisting RoboForm account was invited to join to RoboForm for Business company account and user did not yet accepted the invitation.
Indicates that the user was suspended by the company admin. Suspended users are revoked from all group data access.
Indicates that the user’s account has been blocked. The user can be unblocked clicking their name and selecting unblock.
Suspending a User
If for any reason a user needs to be suspended simply select them from your list of users and click suspend.
Suspending a user revokes access to data that is shared with them through any groups that they belong to. The user will still be subject to all of the company's policies and they will still have one of the company owned licenses assigned to them. The user can be restored at any time by changing to the "Suspended Users" view, selecting the user, and clicking "Restore."
If a user’s account is blocked by the RoboForm server, they will be denoted by a red status symbol . By clicking on the blocked user name, an option to unblock them will open.
A user's information can be changed by clicking their name from the user panel. From this prompt several other administrative options are available as well.
From here the name tied to their account and their email address can be edited.
- Make Admin: This will give the user full permissions, allowing them to add users to the company, make and populate groups, and edit policies.
- Reset Password: This will email a prompt to the user to begin the password reset process. RoboForm is encrypted using AES256 bit encryption. The only way to retrieve this data is with the correct Master Password. If a Master Password is reset, the user will be able to gain access to their account, but any data that they created themselves will be lost and they will need to be re-added to any group they are a part of. Be very careful not to forget your Master Password.
- Convert to personal: This will convert a user's account to a consumer account. After being reverted to a consumer account the user will have access to all of their personal data and will be given a 30 day trial of RoboForm Everywhere. The user will lose access to any data shared with them through groups and will no longer be affected by company policies.
- Suspend: This will put the user in a suspended state until they are either restored or deleted.
At the top of each of page in the admin panel are the details on the company's current licenses.
The total number of licenses, their expiration data, the total number of user’s in the company, the number of active users, and the number of suspended users are displayed here.
To purchase additional licenses click the "Buy More" button.
Purchasing a license from the admin console will automatically tie it to the company. The additional license will be prorated and it will expire at the same time as the other licenses.